Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sweet Freedom? I Think Not.

 

Before weight loss surgery, I was a LOVER of Blue-Bell Ice-Cream.  If it was in the house, I could not stay away from it. After the surgery,  I could no longer have it.  I missed Ice Cream.  One day, I tried a few bites of my husband's Banana Split, and although I only had a few bites, it was a few bites too many and I started feeling sick.  I didn't go into a full blown dumping episode, (I didn't throw up and my heart didn't start racing,  I didn't eat THAT much of it) but I did feel very nauseous.  I learned my lesson.

Then one day, while grocery shopping, I found the  SWEET FREEDOM no sugar added Ice-Cream at the Grocery Store.  I checked the sugar content and it looked safe, only 5 grams in half a cup. So, I bought it! That night, we all dug into it.  I got a small 1/2 a coffee cup size serving.  It wasn't great tasting, not like the real stuff, but it was OK.... it was cold, it was creamy... it would do.  Until the Diarrhea struck.  Within 20-30 minutes of eating the ice cream, my stomach started to cramp up, and I had to race to the bathroom with a severe bout of diarrhea.  I haven't eaten any of it since.   It is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment