Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 19 Weigh In -

Week 19 was another small loss
only -1.4
Putting me at a total loss so far
of 54.8.

I have to admit I was 
a little frustrated.
But I'm glad to still be losing.

And every week, I consistently lose.
There has never been a week
where I HAVEN'T lost anything.

I've been thinking about possibly
trying the 4&2 plan on Medifast.
I'm currently on the 5&1.
(5 Medifast meals, and 1 Lean and Green)

On the 4&2, I will have 2 Lean and Green
meals and 4 Medifast meals.
I discussed it with my mom, who works 
for Medifast, and she said that I can
do the 4&2 plan, but I may not notice
a difference on the scales.

She said they tell all their patients that
if they plan on exercising
they are going to have to expect to have
smaller losses each week.

It is tempting of course to stop 
exercising for now until I am 
closer to goal.  But as I told
my mom, the exercise is what 
is going to KEEP the weight off
once I reach my goal. 

And I just have to remind myself
I am not looking for a "quick fix".
This really is a lifestyle change.

I have overcome so much 
throughout this process.
I look at food differently now.
I can resist sweets now.
And they honestly aren't as 
tempting as they once were.

I still may switch to the 
4&2 plan. 
I really like the 5&1
and am a little hesitant 
about switching things up.
My main worry is that it will 
cause my weight loss to STOP. 

I know reasonably, there is no 
reason that it would.
If I make healthy choices for
my 2 Lean and Green meals,
I really have no worries. 

I have a friend that is trying the 
4&2 this week. 
She also runs quite frequently.
If she does notice a difference on 
the scales this week doing the 4&2
I will definitely be trying it next week. 

When you are on a low calorie diet 
you have to be really careful about 
the amount of calories you burn.
It may be that I have been burning too
many calories, and it causes my 
body to hold onto the fat a little more.
If this is the case, the 4&2 is 
definitely the right plan for me.
It is geared more for people that 
have a A LOT to lose, or those 
that are very active. 

Either way....
I'm happy that each and every
week I shrink a little more.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done. I can't seem to lose my 15 menopause pounds. Happy Friday. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Please stop by my blog I'm having a great giveaway. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete