Friday, August 27, 2010

Who Am I ???!!!!

It is official.

I no longer recognize who I am......who I am becoming.

I have always been the type of person to hang in the background, not seeking attention, not getting involved....  Just going through the motions of life.  

Something has changed.  I have changed.

I guess it began with Coaching Emily's Cheer Squad.  It wasn't something I elected to do on my own, but was volunteered into doing.  I thought several times of quitting, (chickening out) but was too timid to quit.

I am SO glad I didn't!! 

I still feel awkward at times, like at the game this past Saturday..... I felt as if all eyes were on me, and I really didn't have any business being there.  Especially when I got so hot I came very close to passing out.  I'm not sure that was due to my weight though... I think it was because I had been so sick the week before, and was still recovering. 

But now, other changes are happening.  I'm reaching out to people more, attempting to make new friends. I volunteered to be Room Mom for Emily's class, or to donate time to the classroom.  I don't know that I will be selected, but for me to volunteer shows how much I have changed.  I'm going to look into joining the PTA as well.  

These are all things  I wanted to do before, but never had the courage or gumption to pursue them.   Now I am........

I really don't know who I am becoming............ this is all new to me.

~But I like her! ~ 




1 comment: