Sunday, February 2, 2014

Where The &^%$ Is My Hair Going!?

I knew this was coming. 
I knew to expect some hair loss
after having this surgery starting at
around Month 3.  

Well, here I am 3 months out, 
and Yep. I'm losing my hair.
Knowing it was coming did
not make it any easier when it arrived.

For most people, it is just a little thinning out,
and will soon grow back out, thinning hair but a memory.
But I've been experiencing thinning hair for the
past 11 years.  It started after my youngest (4th child)
was born.  It was a very slow gradual process,
and it seemed to have stopped.  My hair was still
really thin on top, but it seemed to be staying.

So for me to be experiencing hair loss again,
I have to admit... I'm scared.

How much will I lose?  How much thinner can 
it get without my scalp completely showing through
everywhere, no matter how I have it styled.
I'm SERIOUSLY considering looking into 
buying a Wig.
But how do you just show up one day
wearing one? 
And I don't even know where to begin
to shop for one or how.  

It's embarrassing.

My husband is encouraging
and says it will be no big deal
to start wearing one, if that is what I choose.
He says his mom wears one, and his 
Grandmother wore one for years,
most people never knew. 

I'm very upset about the hairloss.
But I keep reminding myself, I'd rather
be thinner and HEALTHIER wearing a wig,
than fat and unhealthy and not wearing one.

Ugh.  This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment