Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snot, Sweat, and Cough

I finally got some exercise in today!!

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm still not 100% well, but for the first time in a week and half, I got in enough exercise to work up a sweat.   I did a little bit of Wii Fit, but I still get winded really easy, so didn't go as hard or long as I usually do.

Afterwards the kids wanted to play on the Wii.  My youngest daughter wanted me to do a Dance Workout Game with her.  How can I say No? 

I told her I would do as much as I could, but I was not feeling well, so wasn't sure how long I would last.

This new Dance Workout game is the GOLD'S GYM DANCE WORKOUT for the Wii.  

It was a lot of fun! I had never tried it before, so wasn't sure if it would be something I could do.  We both had fun, though.

You choose a personal trainer, add in your personal info, such as age, height, and weight, and then you have to answer two questions.  You have to choose what your main objective is, whether it is to lose weight, tone muscles, or become more physically fit, etc.  It also asks you to estimate on a scale from 1-5 how physically fit you feel you are right now.  It takes that information and develops a program for you.  I am starting out with a 3 day program.... I'll see how it goes.  

I selected my current physical level at a 1, but while I did work up a sweat in my workout, I think I could have been pushed a little bit harder.  I may have to change my level tomorrow and see what difference that makes.  

For now.......I'm going to bed, and I am hoping to be feeling more like myself tomorrow.  I will be SO glad when all this chest congestion, cough, and sinus pain/pressure is gone. 

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better today!

    I love the Wii games, especially the dancing ones. Michael Jackson The Experience really gets you sweating and is addictive.

    I'll have to check this one out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike and Kim! I'm finally feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart,I hope you feel better soon. Everybody at my office has had the same crud..so far so good for me. I have heard such good things about the WII..I might have to get one. I have the Zumba DVD's which is fun, but I think I would benefit alot more from something that is customized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing well. Continue with your workouts, even on the Wii. Excerise of any kind, even a little, is better than no excerise. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete