Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Death of a Wonky Scale -

 I mentioned earlier in a previous post
that my Mom had bought me 
a scale at a Thrift Store.  

I named the Scale
My Wonky Scale. 

It was not exactly accurate, about 5 pounds off....
and it was very HARD to read.

Well...... 

About a week and a half ago
I woke and as I had been doing every morning
I went to the bathroom to jump on the scale. 

The  scale was GONE!  

Immediately, I texted my husband
to see where the hell it was, but received no answer.  
He can't be on the phone at work, 
so I had to wait for him to get a chance to text me back.

In the meantime, 
I searched high and low for my Wonky Scale.
I looked in the linen closet, 
the cabinet under the sink, 
under our bed and in our closet....
thinking maybe my husband hid the darn thing.  

No luck.  

I started getting mad.
To make matters worse, I was on my period.
  Cramps + PMS + thinking he had taken matters into his own hands, 
doing what HE thought best regarding my daily weighing
(which wasn't necessarily rational thinking at the time) 
equaled ONE HOT MAMA!!! 

..... After looking high and low for the Wonky Scale
A thought occurred to me....

"OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!!"

I go outside to the outside trash can and peek inside.  
Yep.  He did.  
There is my Wonky scale.  

The trash can is nearly empty except for 2 bags of trash, 
and my wonky scale.  

So I reach DOWN into the trash can,
pluck my wonky scale OUT of the nastiness, 
praying the neighbors do not see me, 
and take it BACK into my bathroom.  

I RESET the Wonky scale to Zero......
stripped down......
jumped on the Wonky Scale.......... 

and found I only weighed 10 pounds.

Needless to say the Wonky scale 
was taken BACK out to the trashcan.

I no longer have a scale
so I haven't been able to weigh in each morning.

I'm hoping to rectify that situation
very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment