Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weight of the Day

My mom picked me up a scale at a thrift store.

I purposely, did not have a scale at home...

But now that I have one.........
I find myself Weighing in EVERY morning.

I KNEW that would happen.  
On all my other Diets,
I weighed each morning right after getting out of bed.
And it was AWESOME
when I saw the scale go down a few points.  
If I dropped a pound, even better.

Seeing my weight go down
always inspired me for that day to do even better...

But I was DEVASTATED when it would go up.  
Or when it was at a stand still.
After days or weeks of doing everything right,
and my weight stubbornly remained the same...


I would lose hope.
It was so easy to slip, and cheat
and tell myself
"What's the point? I'm just destined to be fat....."

And now.... here I am again.
Weighing in every morning when I get up.
But this time..... so far.....
the scale just keeps moving!! 

Since starting Medifast
I never go more than a day or two,
without seeing some kind of weight loss.
The scale she bought me, is an old scale...... 
not accurate...... and NOT digital.
It's about 5 pounds off, and very hard to read.

When I first brought the scale home
I thought it would be a way to just keep track
so come weigh in day, if I only had a 1 pound loss
I would be prepared.....

But now .....
I'm thinking of getting a new scale.
A digital one.....
So that if I only lose 1/2 pound
I'll know.
When I see a loss, it is SO inspiring.....
and for the past 2 1/2 months, 
I've never NOT lost...  
I feel energized,
and so good on the days when the scale drops.
I look forward to jumping on the scale each morning.

It's kind of like those days when you get all dressed up...
hair done, make-up done....wearing new clothes,
You just FEEL pretty....

But a little part of me,
kinda likes it being a little bit of a mystery....
I kind of like having just a general idea
of what the scale is going to show
on my Weigh In day.

I think I will get a new scale.......
I don't HAVE to weigh in each morning...
just because I have one. 
I can always just weigh in twice a week...
And a scale that is ACCURATE would be so nice! ; )




2 comments:

  1. We bought one at WalMart for $18 that is digital and gives you your weight difference as well as your new weight. I really like it. BUT I was weighing every day too until a week ago. I started getting discourage if I even went up .4 so I decided I needed to see the big victories and not my bodies adjustments throughout the week. It's hard to go all week without knowing but I think it's better for my mental health :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats in your weight loss journey. Very inspiring.
    New fan here from Tuesday Hop

    Thanks
    Money $aving Michele

    ReplyDelete