Saturday, December 21, 2013

Company Christmas Party

Yesterday we had our Christmas Party. 
We went over to Homewood Suites where
we had H'ors doeurves and drinks.
There was imported cheeses, fruit, meats, dips,
grilled vegetables, sliders, and chicken quesadillas.
To drink there was Wine, Water, and Beer. 
Oh, and Hot Apple Cider.
 
I made a small plate of some of the veggies,
some guacamole dip, spinach artichoke dip, and
one chicken quesadilla.   I ate a little of each dip 
and had about three bites of my quesadilla, and I was full.
I wish I could have had a glass of wine, but knew better.
Instead, since I do not like water, I got a cup of Apple Cider,
until I realized Cider has sugar in it, and I was afraid I would
get too much and get sick.  So I only took a few sips.
 
The party was fun, but I must admit I felt a little awkward.
Everyone was all dressed up, drinking, relaxed, 
and having a great time.  I've never been great in social situations
anyways, unless it is with close  friends. 
And while I have lost some weight, I still have A LONG
way to go! But I did have several people comment that 
I was looking great, and they had noticed I had lost weight.
I guess with the wine and beer flowing, they lost some of 
their inhibitions and felt free to comment.
That was nice....

I look forward to next year,
when I have lost much more weight,
and I can really get dressed up...

No comments:

Post a Comment