Monday, December 16, 2013

Post Op Visit

My Post Op Visit:
From my first initial consultation, I was down 27 pounds.
They removed my Staples and said everything looked good.
I had one incision that was leaking after the staple removal,
but the doctor said it was fine and sent me home with extra steri-strips.
I had been having a lot of trouble with nausea and diarrhea on a daily basis.
It was not due to over eating, eating too fast, or eating foods that are not allowed.
I hadn't been able to experiment with food yet, because I was always feeling sick.
All I drank was water, but that made me nauseous too, so was not getting
in all my water or Protein requirements. 
The doctor said sometimes after Gastric Bypass
it takes your body a while to get used to things and that is probably
what was going on, but said he wanted me to go back on liquids
and if my stomach issues were not better in a week or got worse,
to let them know and they would do an Endoscopy
to see if there is any restriction at the incision 
where my intestines meet my stomach.
The doctor said sometimes this can occur, 
and if so, he would use a balloon to widen the opening.

The doctor also said to keep trying different protein supplements
(the protein supplements that I was taking before the surgery
 were making me nauseous) until I found one that
 would sit well on my stomach.
He did release me to go back to work that Monday.
 
Even though the recovery period took longer than expected,
and was very hard on me,  I do not regret my decision.
It was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment