Sunday, December 22, 2013

Weigh In Results - Week 7


I just finished my 7th week post RNY Gastric Bypass.
This week I was down -3.2lbs. 
Bringing my total loss so far to: 
34 POUNDS.

Yesterday was my son's birthday,
and last night I had a little bit of his Cake.
It was a Blue Bell Cookies and Cream
Ice Cream cake we found at the grocery store.
SO GOOD!!

I got a small piece, and only ate about half of it.
I should have only limited myself to a bite or
two of someone else's cake, because although
I didn't get sick, I did feel a little
nauseous afterwards.

I was worried that it might effect my weight loss
for the week as well, but my husband kept telling
me that I didn't eat enough of it to do anything. 
He made the comment: Just think of a few months ago.
You would have been able to eat two or three slices,
but tonight you had a few bites, and then you were done.
Luckily, he was right, and the scale was down a 
pound from the day before.  And it also made me
realize that where as before I had no self control 
when it came to things that I loved, such as sweets.
Now.... I can do without, and when I do indulge,
after just one or two bites I am satisfied.  
Just getting a taste is enough for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment