Monday, December 16, 2013

My Dirty Little "Not So" Secret

It's been nearly a YEAR since my last post on here!
SHAMEFUL!!!

A lot has happened over the past year. 
And as I'm sure, many have guessed,
I gained ALL My weight back PLUS some!! 

I started blogging again this past September, 
but had decided to try starting a whole new Blog. 
Why?? I wanted complete anonymity.
One that was not linked with my personal email address,
or have my real name anywhere on it. 
Why??

I feel like my obesity is my dirty little secret
I try to keep hidden.
Obviously, those that know me personally and 
see my on a regular basis, know of it.
But there are those I went to school with
that don't know.
And I have always tried to be so very
careful of who takes pictures of me,
 TERRIFIED I will be "outed" 
and get tagged in a photo on facebook.

The only photos I have posted of myself
are Face shots from when I did lose weight. 

And then last May at my son's graduation, 
One of my ex-sister in law's, and former Best Friend
in High School posted a picture of me with her and 
her sister and tagged me in it titled "Together Again".
And even though I did not accept the tag, avoiding
it being posted on my wall, ALL those mutual friends that
we went to school with saw that picture on her wall.

One of my former classmates sent me a private
message on Facebook asking if I was pregnant.

I was humiliated.
I messaged back with 
"No....I've just gotten really fat".
He wrote back that he wasn't trying to be
rude, that he was just surprised because
I was never like that in high school.
I felt so exposed.

My "not so secret", secret was out. 

And now I have another Secret...


This past October I had RNY Gastric Bypass.

My husband encouraged me to blog about the process.
And THAT is why I decided to create a new blog. 
So I tried starting a Blog on Blog.com titled
"A Weight Loss Story". 
You can see that blog at

I must say I have been very disappointed with that site.
I have had SO MANY problems with it.
For a while, apparently the site was down, and I wasn't able 
to blog at all.  It would not publish any of my posts. 
So I've decided to try and transfer all the information over
to this blog.  

Anytime we put our lives "Online" we assume the risk of
losing our anonymity. 

I fully accept that risk now.

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment