Friday, July 30, 2010

I weigh WHAT?!!

My husband swears up and down I have lost weight.  He says he can really tell a difference, especially in my arms.  

I don't see it.   I look exactly the same as I did before.  I think.

But there is really no way to tell.   You see, I avoid scales like the plague.  When I go to the doctors office I turn my head so I can't see the numbers, and say a silent prayer that they don't announce my weight.  I guess they take the hint because most of the time, they don't. 

I own a scale.  It's still at the other house, waiting to be moved over to the new one, but even if it were here, I don't know if I have the courage to step on it.  

For years, I have watched the scale go up.  And up.  And up some more.  A few times in my adult life, I was able to see the scale go down, but it never lasts.  Twice I hit 200, and then sabotaged myself over the weekend. And then it steadily climbed back up.   Just once I would like the number to go below 200.  

I then went several years without weighing myself at all.  Ignorance, unfortunately is not bliss.  You can only ignore the numbers for so long before they slap you upside the head.  After several years of not knowing, when I found out just how much the scale had gone up, I was not prepared.  I was Shocked. Dumbfounded. Ashamed.

I have a long road ahead of me before I drop below 200.  

I think it's about time though, that I started that journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment