Friday, July 23, 2010

Me - Dressed As A Stuffed Sausage

Yesterday's Cheer Practice went sooo much better!

I participated quite a bit more. E showed the girls (and other coaches) the cheer we made up, and everyone really liked it. (sigh of relief).

So......I had to teach it to everyone. It felt really good. We always face away from the parents, so I just kept my back to them, focused on what I was doing, and didn't allow myself to think about what anyone else might be thinking.

The girls were excited to learn the cheer, and those that had experience picked it up fairly quick. E was eating up the attention showing the other girls "our" cheer.

The practice session flew by, and I had a lot of fun. I didn't just stand around this time, and finally felt that I was really contributing to the team. I felt WONDERFUL and very proud of myself for overcoming my own inhibitions.......

And then a fellow coach brought out the Coach's shirts we had ordered. They are Women's Jersey style shirts with mesh at the bottom. I ordered the XXL, and just by looking at it, I knew it wouldn't fit. I felt the early stages of panic. I had ordered the largest size they had, and an XXL is usually what I wear.

I wasn't the only one that thought their shirt looked small which made me feel a little better.
I took the shirt home with me and into the kids bathroom to try it on. As soon as I got it over my head and my arms through, I knew it was going to be tight, but I thought maybe it will just be form fitting....

And form fitting it was!! So much so that I looked like a stuffed sausage. My arms refused to go down at my sides and instead poked out like the little brother dressed in all the coats on "A Christmas Story". (I will admit though, it made my boobs look awesome).

It was so tight, in fact, I had to get my oldest daughter to come in and help me out of it. (This of course after she, and her friend, finally stopped laughing and no longer threatened to take pictures of me.)

My good self vibes about myself quickly diminished. All other coaches said their shirts fit, but was very form fitting. I was hoping at least one other would not fit into theirs. I showed my husband the shirt and he said immediately there was no way that was an XXL. He asked if it was a child's shirt. My 15yr old son tried it on, and it fit him how I wanted it to fit me. Just slightly big.

I'm really hoping I'm not going to be the only Coach wearing a different shirt than the rest of them. I know they are all wanting to find something a little bit larger. I have no choice though.

Unless they want me to be the sideline comedy act.....

2 comments:

  1. Ironically, I had a dream last night that I was a cheer coach. For high school no less. I know, hilarious, right? LOL.

    I've had that problem before. I had to search for three months for an alternate dress for my best friend's wedding - I was the matron of honor, and the dress she bought (a size 28, mind you) fit like a size 16. Yeah . . .

    I can always relate to your blogs - I've SO been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one. LOL. I found someone local that is supposed to have the same Jerseys but can go up to a 4X. He said his shirts are truer in size, they are the standard sport sizes. I played it safe and ordered a 3X, but if his shirts are NOT standard sizes I may have to see about trading for the 4X. Yikes! My husband swears up and down he can tell I'm losing weight, but I don't see it. Imm not weighing myself, or taking measurements. I need to, but I'm scared!!

    ReplyDelete