Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 1, Round 2 Starts.......... NOW

Day 1 of Round 2 starts NOW!!
I'm SO RELIEVED to be back on Medifast!!
I really did miss it.

My 'Morning Naked Weigh In' this morning
WAS NOT FUN!!!
I am so ashamed to even SAY how much 
I gained while I was off my diet.....
But.... I made a commitment to blog 
openly and honestly. 
So here goes.......


218.2

Nearly 30 pounds gained!!!
On the morning of my last day on Medifast
I was 190.0.  It is so sickening to think
of how many WEEKS it took me
to lose 30 pounds!! 
And how I SO LOOKED FORWARD
to getting under 200, and how 
EXCITED I was when I finally did!

But..... I'm back on plan now
so all I can do is look forward.

During my Hiatus off,
the first few weeks I 
was able to maintain.
I was proud of myself.
But eventually,
only having $30-$50 a week 
to spend on groceries for our family
meant I had to start eating
things like hot dogs,
Ramen Noodles, Rice, Beans, etc.
CHEAP STUFF
and not diet friendly.

And so knowing the scale was moving up
I quit weighing in, too disappointed and 
frustrated to even look.

And the longer I was off plan,
and the more "junk food" I ate,
made it easier later on to eat things like 
Pizza, Nachos, Cookies, and of course all
the HOLIDAY FOOD during Thanksgiving.

And all the while I kept looking forward
to the day I could get back on Medifast. 
Knowing I WAS going to get back on,
I used that as an excuse to myself to 
eat everything I knew I would not get 
again for a long time....
such as pizza, nachos, cheese dip
and this past week....... Ice Cream.

But the funny thing is.....
Nothing tasted as good as I remembered.
I guess my "taste buds" changed
during the 8 months I was on Medifast.
The Nachos sucked... I use to LOVE cheese,
but it really wasn't good this time.
The cookies were yummy, but I didn't 
like the way they made me feel afterwards.
They upset my stomach.
In the end, it really wasn't worth it.

I realized that I wasn't really missing
anything.....
except maybe the Pizza.
I still Love Pizza.
LOL.

I hated going to bed at night
feeling guilty and usually my
stomach was bothering me...
I missed the days of actually
looking forward to jumping on 
the scale each morning to see if
I had lost anything, 
seeing the numbers go down 
every week, even if it was
just half a pound.

Needless to say.....
I'm thrilled to be back on plan!

I know this first two weeks back
on will be rough.
I have to get reacquainted with
eating small meals throughout the day,
getting all my water in, and since
I also slipped during this time and 
started drinking soft drinks and coffee again,
I also have the luxury of going 
through Caffeine withdrawals.
But it will be well worth it in the end.
I'm Looking forward to see the 
end results of this first week.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed
for a big loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment