Thursday, April 28, 2011

F$#&%@G Water Weight... Grrrrr.


My feet and ankles have been swelling
since mid-last week. 

And I have no idea why. 

I am very careful with my 
sodium intake, and
I'm drinking LOTS of water.

Yet, each night, my ankles
look like this.  

And you can just imagine what 
effect it is having on the scale.
I only lost .8 last week, and 
the scale hasn't budged any
lower this week. 
It's frustrating.  

It's frustrating, because
although I know it is 
"water weight" 
and temporary...
I have no idea what is causing
me to swell like this!! 

Once upon a time...
this was an everyday occurrence.
Only my feet looked more like
watermelons.

But that was a long time ago.

I haven't done this in a 
very long time.
And I am MUCH healthier now.
I do not drink any sodas.
At all.
I drink water with Crystal Light
packets in it, but
I have started diluting them,
and only using 1 packet for
two bottles of water. 
Just to cut down on my 
sodium intake. 

I was told that it may
be due to the new "exercises"
I am doing.
The walking and running.
That when you start up a new
exercise, your body can hold
onto the water.

I didn't run yesterday, and yet,
look at my ankles above
from last night. 

They didn't say how long 
my body would hold
onto the water.
And she said that
is why daily weighing
is not always a
good thing.

I am really trying not to
get frustrated. 

I'm just hoping for a loss on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment