Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear God: Please Save My TaTa's



Yesterday I had to go get my first Mammogram.
Not fun.

First.....I'd like to say
that I think all men should
periodically have to go get
their penis's smashed.

Before getting the girls 
manhandled and smashed 
flat like a pancake,
the girl doing the mammogram
had told me she would show
me the images when she was done.

She didn't.

Instead she gave me some boobies
to play with and practice on.
There were 3 of them on a board.
One breast had no lumps.
One was a fibrocystic breast.
And the other was a breast with lumps.

She left the room
to show the radiologist 
my results.

When she came back in,
she said that they would
be calling me back in
next week.

Apparently, I have a lump.

We have a very strong history of 
Breast Cancer in my family.
My mom, her mom, and 
both of her sisters have all had it.

I went for my yearly back in September.
I've had that mammogram order 
just sitting in my purse ever since.

Twice before, I called and
made an appointment
and both times something
came up and I had to cancel.

I finally went yesterday,
7 MONTHS later.

Because the doctor 
didn't feel a lump in my breast,
and only ordered it due to 
my family history
I didn't rush to have it done. 

Luckily my insurance
covered 100%
even though I am under 40.

I'm sure it is nothing.

but.... if it is cancer
I will wonder if it was there
7 months ago. 
Or if it is a recent development.

If I had gone 7 months ago,
and the Mammogram was clear...
And if it is cancer, 
would it have had at least 6 months
or more to grow before
my next annual Mammogram?

I'm not going to worry about it 
until there is actually something
to worry about.

Women have mammograms come back 
ALL the time, 
and usually it is fine.

Women also have mammograms come back
and everything is NOT fine.
Especially in my family.

But whichever way it turns 
out... I know it will be OK.

I am in God's hands.

3 comments:

  1. I've had a cyst in my left breast for almost 2 years now - it's nothing. I know I'm lucky and not everyone has the same result (a friend of mine just found out this week that she isn't so lucky). I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My mom recently had a lump found on her mammogram. Supposedly it is just a cyst and nothing to worry about. Hopefully your's is nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete