Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crockpot Dinner

My mom makes a DELICIOUS Southwestern Stew! You can find that recipe here. Lately I have been craving some of it, but because I am avoiding any carbs, I can't make her stew, because of the potatoes.    

I planned on getting ingredients for a variation of her stew when I went to the grocery store last time, but forgot to do so.  

This week I have been eating a lot of Egg Beaters and Garden Burgers for dinner, and was looking for something different for a change. 

So yesterday, I decided to just make do with what I had on hand, and make a soup instead.  But all I did have was 1 package of frozen chicken, Cilantro, 2 Orange Bell Peppers, and 1 Yellow Bell Pepper.  I decided to give it a try anyway, but I was really worried about how it would taste.... 

It actually turned out pretty good! It makes a really great Lean and Green Meal, because there is not much in it. 

In a Crock Pot I added the ingredients above along with a few extra items and then let it cook for 8 hours.  Below is a list of all the ingredients I used.

1pkg Frozen Chicken Breast
2 Orange Bell Peppers sliced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
Cilantro (I LOVE cilantro, so used a lot)
6 cups of water
6 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1pkg Chicken Taco Seasoning
2 8oz Cans of Tomato Sauce

I think I'll have more of it today for my Lean and Green.

3 comments:

  1. I need to give this a try. Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds REALLY good!! Thanks for the recipe, Teri! Like the new look, LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about dusting off the old crock pot! I need to find some good vegetarian recipes to try out.

    ReplyDelete