Monday, February 21, 2011

Goodbye Fatty

I made it through my first Social Event (the baby shower) staying On Plan!

No Cheater here!!!

The cake looked delicious, and the M&M Cookie bars heavenly.... not to mention the sandwiches, punch, fruit bowl, and my Aunt's famous Pink Stuff.  

But I didn't eat any of it.  

NONE

And I didn't feel deprived!! 

I sat with everyone while they ate and chatted, and just enjoyed myself.  When the cake was being passed out, I politely declined.  When the woman passing the cake out tried to push the cake on me.... I politely declined.... again.  


I wasn't tempted!  It looked delicious.... smelled delicious...... and all around me, guests were enthusing on how delicious everything was..... but I had no desire to eat any.  

Maybe it was because I knew I would be weighing in the next day.  Maybe it was because I worked out so hard last week and I wanted it to COUNT for something.  

Whatever it was........ I'm grateful...... and kind of proud.

I'm proud of myself for resisting.  I'm proud of myself for being strong.  I'm proud of myself for not dwelling on what I couldn't have, and staying focused on the end results.  

I went into the shower knowing I wasn't going to eat anything.  But a little part of me...... that "fat self"....... the one that always sabotages any weight loss effort I have ever made...... was scared.

Scared that I wasn't strong. Scared that I would never change. Scared that I would fail.


...Again...


So I'm also proud of my "fat self".  For realizing that "she" is no longer a part of my life.  I'm proud of her for finally saying goodbye.  And moving on.... in peace.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! :) I'm popping by from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo, you can do it... dropping by from Tuesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more you avoid those so called "treats" the easier it gets to not even want them anymore. Great job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very inspirational! I know it's hard for me to say no to cake...but ya got to! :-) Great blog! Looking forward to following your journey! ~Kimberly

    www.kimberlyweighs.com

    ReplyDelete