Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 6 Weigh In

I did not have high hopes for this weeks weigh in.

Not that I cheated or anything, but there was several days that I did not get all my water in, and I only did my Wii Fit a couple of days...... if that.  On top of all this, I started my period on Saturday.  I was just praying for there not to be a weight GAIN. 
So imagine my SHOCK (and utter joy) when I lost 3 pounds!! 
  Looking back on the week, I realized while I did not set aside time to workout, there were, however, several evenings that I played JustDance2 on the Wii with the husband and kids.  I have to attribute my weight loss this week to that game...

My husband agreed, and told me that there is a Just Sweat program on that game that I could do, and it will monitor how many calories I burn.  So I checked it out.  There are 3 programs you can choose from.  

  • Mild Program: 1 song a day. 300 calories burned. 2100 a week.
  • Tough Program: 3 songs a day. 1000 calories burned. 7000 a week
  • Intense Program: 6 songs a day. 2000 calories burned. 14,000 a week. 

    *The amount of calories burned is an estimate. The actual amount burned depends on your performance during the song.  After each song, it rates your performance and tells you how many calories you burned.  There is a weekly chart/graph that shows you your progress so far, and alerts you when you have met your goal for the day. 

    Last week, I did not play every day, but when we did play I danced to 5-6 songs at a time.  Even though I averaged 6 songs when playing before, I decided to do the Tough Program, or 3 songs a day.  On the days when I can, I will do more than the 3, and see how that goes.  I may change that to 6 songs a day though.  Occasionally I will still do the Wii Fit throughout the week as well.  My goal was to lose 3 pounds each week, and maybe..... just maybe..... if I work hard on the Wii I can achieve it.


    3 comments:

    1. Congrats on your weight loss!! keep up the good work!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great job on the weight loss. Sometimes all it takes is being active and burning those calories along with eating right. If you find something you enjoy, can do with the family, and continue to lose weight, then continue to do it!

      Exercise and Nutrtion Tips

      ReplyDelete