Sunday, February 6, 2011

"PLAY" TIME!


I am not an Exerciser. 
It is one of my biggest downfalls.  
I've tried in the past to start exercising but I always fizzle out. FAST.

Recently, however, my husband bought me the Wii Fit Plus.  
I think I've mentioned it previously..... but I can't say it enough.....
I LOVE it! 


I find myself pushing myself further than I would have ever gone on my own, because I want to finish the game.  It is like having a personal trainer.... except instead of someone standing over me hollering to Go Faster! Push Harder! It is my own competitiveness coming out to Drive me on harder, faster, and longer than I thought I ever could. 
I've never viewed myself as a competitive person.... but I guess I am.  Atleast...... I am with myself. 

Another game I REALLY enjoy is Just Dance 2 for the Wii.


This one also gives me a GREAT workout, but with this game.....

I don't feel like I'm working out! It is SO MUCH FUN!! 

The entire family enjoys it. By the time I have done about 4 songs, I've worked up a pretty good sweat, and my arm and sometimes leg muscles are SCREAMING at me! I try to do as many songs as I can, and I try to get the highest score I can... 

I was worried about how I was going to incorporate exorcise into my days.... afraid I would fall back on old habits and NEVER do it....

But now, I get to PLAY every morning and get a workout in the process!! 
Yay Wii!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a Wii somewhere around here. I only have the games that came with that and the Fit. The only game I didn't like was the track and field game. I have to run triple speed just to get my Mii to go half speed.

    My favorite game is the hula hoop even though I feel funny while doing it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Hula Hoop game too! It is my favorite, AND the favorite of my 8yr old daughter. So cute watching her play it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome! I have the Wii Fit, but i'm not a video game gal. Although every now and again i do my son's NFL Training Camp game. :) It's killer! I like to run, which is great but not for everyone. Which is why the Wii is so wonderful - gives another option!

    ReplyDelete