Friday, February 4, 2011

What A Week! - Ice, Snow, and Exercise

WOW!! What a week it has been!! 

The kids and my husband have all been home since Monday Evening.  No work, and no school due to this CRAZY weather we are getting!  Growing up, I RARELY saw Snow.  Occasionally we would get an Ice-Storm but it was melting by the next day.  We got a record breaking snow for Texas last year in this area, and THIS year we have already had Snow TWICE!!! In Fact.....  

It is Snowing right now!!!! 

I love it!!! Sucks for the paychecks, but............ I'm a kid at heart. 
I LOVE SNOW!!!!!

Not everyone is crazy about being stuck at home though.... a/k/a my husband...  He gets just a little bit stir crazy... LOL.  


So, we have been playing A LOT on the Wii this week (kids Christmas present).  I think I may have already mentioned in an earlier post we bought the game Wii Fit on Monday, and I LOVE it....... if I haven't mentioned that, then....... well,  "We bought the game Wii Fit, and I really love it".

Every day I get on and workout using the Wii fit.  The first day I only managed to do 15 minutes at a time, but did it twice, making a total workout time of 30 minutes for the day.  The second day I worked out for 20 minutes...straight.  YAY ME!! I went for just a little bit longer.  Unfortunately, I never got a second work out in.  

Today, we were crazy and decided to brave the ice and venture out into town (did I MENTION my husband gets stir crazy?).  While out, we were at Fry's and bought two new games for the Wii.  RESIDENT EVIL and JUST DANCE 2.   The kids started out playing JUST DANCE 2, and then my husband and I started playing.  I did not think I was going to like the game, but OMG.... It was a blast!!  We laughed, and laughed, and tried to dance along.   And LET ME TELL YOU..........   I got a VERY GOOD workout in as a result!! 

It wasn't my intention when I started to play, just having fun with the family, but my muscles were screaming at me, and I worked up a nice sweat.  I have no idea how many calories I burned (although I believe somewhere on the game, it will tell you..) but I know it had to be equivalent to playing on Wii Fit.  In fact, I think I may have worked up MORE of a sweat with the JUST DANCE 2 game.  I may not have used as many muscles, but I know my arms got a GREAT workout.  I can also feel it in my back, and legs.  

It is so nice to find something that we can all do as a family that gets everyone spending time together, enjoying each other, and gets us all ACTIVE!!  

I love my the kids Wii!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job and keep up the exercising. Anytime a family can get exercise together it is such a great and lifelong benefit. Having fun and getting fit with the family, can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wii fit for the fun, but really, sometimes I wonder about the accuracy of the calorie count, LOL. I just play until I get really spent, and then stop. My favorite would have to be the obstacle course. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete