Monday, January 31, 2011

And It All Came Crashing Down.........

Friday evening we made a spur of the moment decision to go out of town. My husband's grandmother is in a nursing home, and has not been doing well. We have been meaning to go visit for a while, but have never had the opportunity. My husband got home after 6 on Friday, and after feeding him dinner, and getting ready to take my daughter to Basketball practice, I realized since he was not working this past weekend, it might be a good opportunity to go visit. He agreed.
I called the coach to let her know that my daughter would not be at practice that night, or the game on Saturday then started throwing clothes together for everyone. I gathered up all my Medifast food to bring with me determined that I would stay On Plan all weekend.


It wasn't easy. While there we met up with several other family members at my Aunt's house. She was serving Barbecue sandwiches, and everyone brought a side dish to go along with them. It smelled and looked WONDERFUL! I had brought over a bag of Medifast Pretzels, and that is what I ate while everyone else enjoyed their barbecue.

My biggest problem throughout the weekend was getting enough water in... I failed miserably. I stayed strong throughout, not eating or drinking anything off plan throughout my stay. Not even the Brownies my step-mom made. Sunday morning, we woke early and my dad fixed bacon and egg sandwiches. I drank a Medifast Shake. We headed out, and went to visit My husband's Grandmother one last time, and wound up staying there longer than anticipated. By the time we left and got on the road, everyone was STARVING!!! We made it nearly home before my husband decided to stop to eat. By this time it was after 4:00.

My husband LOVES Seafood, and I do not. SO...... thinking ahead, I suggested eating at Red Lobster, because I knew it would be one place I would not be tempted to order something REALLY bad for me from the menu. There was only two choices for me that was not seafood. A chicken Cesar salad, or a glazed chicken breast over a rice pilaf. I WANTED the glazed chicken over Rice, but chose the Cesar Salad instead, trying to be good. I had every intention of telling them to leave off the dressing, but ... when it came time to order, I didn't. I ate less than half the salad, hoping it would not have too much of an effect on my weigh in today.

After we left there, we stopped at SAM'S CLUB, so it was a little after 6 before we arrived home. I was still starving. I ate a Medifast shake, and still had 3 more Medifast meals to get in before bedtime. I thought I would be in good shape, that I would eat every hour and half or hour, and I would be fine........ wrong.

I remained hungry for the rest of the evening.... really hungry. Not the bored, I need something to eat hungry, but the stomach growling and gnawing constantly hungry. After the shake, an hour and half later I ate a Medifast Bar. An hour later, I ate a bag of Medifast Pretzels. After that, later on, I drank another Medifast Shake. I was still soooo hungry. We are allowed an optional snack, so I ate some Medifast Ranch Soy Crisps. I still had that gnawing feeling of hunger, so I decided to fix myself some egg beaters and sauteed spinach. I reasoned with myself that I ate very little of my salad, and the chicken breast on the salad I did eat, did not measure out to be 6oz. So I fixed just a little bit of Egg Beaters with Spinach, telling myself that I was just making up for not getting a full Lean and Green Meal in.

Now I am so worried I sabotaged any weight loss I might have had this week. I fear that in one day, all progress over the week prior, may have come crashing down. I will weigh in tonight, and I am NOT looking forward to it. I learned in the future, NEVER skip my Medifast Meals!! I used to only eat once a day, but when the "meals" are small, once a day is not going to cut it.

If I did not lose this week.......or worse if I gained, I will be very disappointed and upset with myself. Especially after staying so strong and doing so well over the weekend, but I will not get discouraged. The weight is coming off...... I will stay on plan, and whatever I did not lose (or possibly gained) this week should be gone by the next weigh in.

I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment