Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How I Survived My First Week -

Today was my 8th day on Medifast.   I managed to stay OP for my first week!! Woohoo!!!!  Here are a few of the things that helped me stay that way.....

1.  Keeping my eye on the goal. Taking time every day, usually in the mornings, to imagine myself, in as much detail as possible... Thin.....healthy.....active......looking GOOD!! :)  Thinking of all the things I can do once I am at a healthy weight.  Like riding bikes with the kids,  roller skating, dressing sexy for my husband, and feeling sexy.

2.  Waiting until 9:00 to eat my first meal, then spacing my next two meals 3 hours apart.  This allows me to eat my evening meals closer together (every 2 hours) when I struggle the most with hunger.

3.  When DH eats popcorn while watching a movie, I grab a bag of Honey Mustard Pretzels.  No it doesn't taste great...... but I get to "munch" on something and not feel deprived or tempted to snag some popcorn. (as long as it is time for another Meal)

4.  Eating Pancakes in the mornings.  They are filling, so I stay full longer in between the meals.  I recently starting pouring the batter in my Waffle Maker, and I like it so much better this way.  I'm even starting to get used to the "eggy" taste.

5.  Eating a Soft Serve or drinking a Shake for my last meal of the day.  Pre-Medifast, this would have been a bowl of ice-cream, or munching on whatever baked goods or sweet snacks we had.  I SO look forward to this meal. 

6.  Reminding myself when cravings strike that by succumbing it will only be a few moments of instant gratification, followed immediately by a deep sense of guilt and regret that will linger in the form of worry until weigh in day.  But if I stay strong, and stay OP,  that craving WILL pass, the food will be there in the future, and the good feeling of staying OP will last throughout the week, making it easier to stay OP, and I will be that much closer to goal, and a healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment