Thursday, January 27, 2011

Drinking Binge

Medifast recommends getting a minimum of 64oz of water in each day.

This has always been a struggle for me.

I know that water is reported to help with weight loss and improve your skin or complexion, and I have told myself numerous times in the past that I HAVE to start drinking water..... but, I've never been a big drinker. (and I'm not talking about alcohol).



In the past I would have maybe 1 or 2 glasses of tea throughout the day, or I would open a can of Dr. Pepper, keep it in the fridge, and sip on it throughout the day. I have never liked water. My husband says I am crazy, that water has no flavor, but to me..... water has a "mineral" taste to it. In order to get any water down without gagging, it has to be ICE COLD! Even then...
I don't like it.
Since starting Medifast I have felt as if I have been on a daily drinking binge. Crystal Light Singles packets have been my hero! I add one packet to a bottled water, and thanks to Crystal Light, I have been able to get in my recommended 64oz of water each day.
Now, I add the packet to bottled water then stick it in the freezer for a little bit until it gets all slushy, then take it out and drink it. Yummy.
Yesterday I decided to up the ante. I will start getting in 96oz of water each day (which I manage to do yesterday), and see if that has any effect on my weight loss.

(Did I mention I have also kicked my Soda habit? I only drink diet soda now, and even then, not very often)

One drawback to the Crystal Light packets, however, is that each packet adds 10 calories to my daily calorie intake. I tried to make myself drink water without them, but I just couldn't do it. I still hate water....
I'd rather have the extra calories.

2 comments:

  1. I'm good with water, but I do know a few who like yourself can't stomach it. Have you tried adding a little lemon or lime juice to your water? Just enough to give it a little flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried that..... it helps, but I still don't like it. I just need to accustom myself to it, and learn to like it. :)

    Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

    ReplyDelete