Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2 Weigh In

I weighed in last night and I had lost 2 pounds. I knew my weigh in would be on the low side because of my period. I was expecting it. But after such a big loss my first week, I have to admit it was a bit of a let down. As soon as my mom saw the number she said "Now don't get discouraged....." before I even saw the numbers. So right away, disappointment swept over me. But after getting home, I realized I really have nothing to be disappointed over! If I were on Weight Watchers, I would have been thrilled with a 2 pound weight loss.

My goal is to lose on average 3 pounds a week. I REALLY REALLY want to lose as much as possible by the time Cheerleading starts back up this year. I'm hoping to be selected as a Coach again, and I REALLY want to have made a huge difference in my appearance and energy level. Right now that is one of my biggest motivators. Cheer sign ups are usually in July. I keep thinking to myself if I can average a loss of 2 pounds a week, then by August 1st (right before our first game) I will have lost 56 pounds. That would put me CLOSE to "Onederland"(less than 2oolbs). If I average 3 pounds a week, I will have lost 84 pounds!! I will be well under the 200 mark!! I know it will not be easy, but I have seen several women on Medifast that have averaged 3 pounds, sometimes more.

I've got one more week, then I should be able to start incorporating exercise which should help me reach that goal. I have never been one to exercise, even when I was thin, so not sure how this will go. I'm hoping I can push through it. I told my husband I want to get the Wii fit game because it tracks how many calories etc. you have burned. I would also like to try the Zumba DVD's.

The Medifast Forum is FULL of successful women on the program, but there are also some that have not been able to stick with it.... I'm hoping I can stay strong and continue to stay on plan. And I really think I will. I finally have the right state of mind. I can see now how I failed to ever lose weight before because my mind was not where it needed to be.
I used to think it was impossible for me to lose weight. Nothing ever worked.... not even surgery. I thought I was a lost cause, I felt hopeless.

And now........... I know I can. Seeing is believing though, and I can not wait until the day I can look back and say I DID IT!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Congratulations! I am beginning to realize that anything lost is much better than anything gained.

    Have you heard of Planet Fitness? $10.00 per month if you think you might like to join. No judgement zone (check out their website). In fact, they don't like bodybuilders.

    Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing a great job, Teri! I am so proud of you!!

    I would start slow - wii fit, Richard Simmons, that kind of thing before jumping into something as intense as zumba. I know this from experience, especially with being on a super-low calorie diet - your energy level just isn't going to be as high at first, and that's okay - just be expecting that and know that it WILL improve in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese - Thank you so much! I will definitely have to check that out!!

    Jen - Thank you!! I think I will start with the Wii Fit :) I can tell I have more energy than when I first started this diet, but I know it will keep getting better. Later I want to join a gym. Maybe Planet Fitness? :)

    ReplyDelete