Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Seven - I ALMOST Succumbed...

Just checking in for a quick post/update before Gregory gets back in here. We are about to watch another movie.

I am still staying OP!! Wow!! Usually by now I've already cheated a little.  Feels good to know I am staying strong. 

Today has been a GREAT day! We got SNOW!! that STUCK!!! We got outside today with the kids and played around in the snow with them.  SO MUCH FUN!!!


Later we all came in and I read while Gregory was on the computer.  We just watched the movie PANDORUM together and are about to watch another.  During the movie, I fixed Gregory some popcorn, and I grabbed a bag of Honey Mustard Pretzels.  Would I have rather had the popcorn? Absolutely!! But the Pretzels satisfied me.  I got to "crunch" on something while he munched his popcorn, so I didn't FEEL deprived.   When I first put the pretzels in my mouth, they had a good flavor, but as soon as you start chewing, the good flavor goes away.  But it turned out to be very satisfying.

I had a moment where I had already decided I was gonna splurge off plan.  You see, last year when we got some snow I collected some and made snow ice cream.  YUMMY!! Everyone was wanting me to make some more.  I set the buckets out, and was trying to convince myself for several hours that I didn't need it.  I had originally declined making any because I was afraid I would not be able to resist..... But DH said, how often do we get snow? When will we have this chance again? Once a year is O.K.  I didn't want to deprive everyone else, so decided to make it.  However, divine intervention SAVED me!!  My daughter went out to get the only bucket that was full, and accidentally dumped it all out.  So no Snow Ice Cream for anyone.  I was saved from MYSELF!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of what you've been doing. You've been doing so wonderful!

    I LOVE honey mustard pretzels. The only problem is I can't stop eating them!! LOL You can find popcorn that has less butter and fat. Actually, popcorn has more fiber than pretzels, so I'm curious why pretzels are OP but popcorn isn't?

    We didn't get as much snow as you guys did farther south. But this morning it is trying to come down, so maybe we'll get some drifts, LOL.

    Snow ice cream . . . mmm . . . we didn't make that last year, but if we get a good snow this year we might!!

    You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer!!

    The Pretzels are OP, because they are a Medifast Packaged Meal. They taste good when you first put them in your mouth, but the good flavor leaves quickly. LOL. They are made from Soy. All the MF Meals are primarily Soy. Each packaged meal is high in protein and contains all the vitamins and nutrients that you would typically get out of a meal. The only Vitamin supplement you have to take is Fish Oil. It is a requirement on the program.

    The Bars they have are really good, and I like their shakes. The pancakes and pretzels, however, have much to be desired taste wise. LOL.
    But each serves their purpose, whether it be filling me up longer in the morning, or providing that crunch I miss from popcorn and chips.

    My husband was hesitant to try any of the Snow Ice Cream last year that I made, but after trying it, he really liked it. I grew up eating it at my Grandparents house. Every year it snows my Grandad has his buckets out there. He started making the Snow Ice Cream when he was in the Navy. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete