Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Three -

This is my third day on Medifast.  I've been able to stay completely OP so far.  Not that temptation hasn't been there, but I have not had any SERIOUS cravings yet.  I had a moment yesterday, when I was dishing out Lasagna for the kids dinner, that I thought how nice it would be to grab a plate.... but it was a fleeting thought that passed quickly.  I never gave it any serious consideration.

Yesterday morning and afternoon were great.  I wasn't really hungry.  The pancakes I had that morning really filled me up.  As evening hit, I began to get hungry and stay hungry after my bar was eaten.  But that is better than the first day, where I had a nagging hungry feeling all day long. 



I now wait as long as I can in the morning before eating breakfast, then space my meals out every 3 hours.  This allows me to eat my last two meals 2 hours apart in the evenings when I struggle the most with hunger.  It seems to work best for me that way.  The first day I didn't do that, and I wound up eating some MF Soy Crackers as a snack.  Yesterday I did not need a snack.

So far today I have had a MF Mint Chocolate Crunch Bar, and I just finished some MF Pancakes.  I added a little bit of cinnamon, and 1tsp Baking Powder, but left out the 1/4cup Egg Beaters.  I did add a "splash" of Egg Beaters, (just enough to cover the bottom of the measuring cup, but WAY less than 1/4 cup) because without it the batter looked like water.  I chilled the batter for 30 minutes then made the pancakes.  They were pretty thin today.... but thicker than if I hadn't added anything. I was trying to avoid that "eggy" taste from yesterdays pancakes.  But after eating the pancakes today, I discovered that "eggy" taste I thought was from the Egg Beaters is just the way the MF pancakes taste.  They are not very good.  BUT they are filling, so I will continue to eat them in the mornings.

Today I have been having thoughts of some of my favorite foods, and feeling a little ..........nostalgic? Wishing I could eat them.  Typically this is when I would give in....... eat it "one more time" and decide I'll just start the diet "tomorrow"..... knowing deep down that it will be the same thing the next day.  But NOT THIS TIME! My mind is where it needs to be.  Focused on the Goal...the end result.... not on instant gratification.  I woke in the middle of the night to go Pee for the bazillionth time that day, and as I crawled back into bed, my stomach was growling over and over. For just a moment I felt sad and disappointed, knowing that come morning, all I would be able to eat is a "small bar".  But then I reminded myself that this is what it is going to take to lose weight.  I began to picture myself thin.  I told myself that this feeling means it's working..... and I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment